– Employer: Vietnam Expressway Corporation (VEC)
– Funding: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) + counterpart fund
– Location: Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
– Construction period: 36 months
+ Commencement: May 2014
+ Completion (planned): May 2017
– Contractor: Joint Venture of Vietnam Construction and Import – Export Joint Stock Corporation – Thanh An Corporation – Vinaconex Engineering Construction & Investment Joint Stock Company (Vinaconex.,JSC – Thanh An – Vinaconex E&C Joint Venture)
– Contract value: 1,329 billion VND
– Scope of works:
+ The package has total length of 10km, cross section B = 25.5m. It passes Thang Binh District, Quang Nam Province.
+ Road class: Expressway with class A, designed speed of 120km/h.
+ Construction of 09 bridges along the route with total length of 480m, bored piles D1.0m (total length of 2,292m) and D1.2m (total length of 210m); 11 underpasses; 50 drain culverts of various types.
+ Construction of frontage road and access road with total length of 7.76km.
+ Volume of earth and rock excavation: approx. 2,000,000m3
+ Volume of crushed aggregate: approx. 172,000m3
+ Volume of asphalt concrete of various types: 114,000 tons
+ Soft soil treatment: 551m
* General information of the Project:
Da Nang – Quang Ngai Expressway Project is constructed as a part of the North – South Expressway, which is parallel to the existing NH1A and the North – South Railway, passes through Da Nang City to Quang Nam Province and Quang Ngai Province.
This Project has total length of 139.52km (including 131.5km of expressway and 8.02km road connecting to NH1A). The starting point is at the intersection between Da Nang City Bypass and NH14B in Da Nang City. The ending point is at the planned ring road of Quang Ngai City at NH1A in Quang Ngai Province.
The new expressway will shorten the distance and travel time between the provinces of Da Nang, Quang Nam and Quang Ngai. It will also reduce traffic congestion and increase economic availability in the region.
The entire Project is divided into 13 civil works packages (Km0+000 – Km139+204) which is funded by the World Bank (WB) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).